Signing up and getting started with Givelify online giving is quick and easy—you can start accepting donations in as little as 5 minutes.
But what about after the sign-up is complete? How do you get your congregation on board? Educating your members is essential to a successful launch, and we’ve created the Givelify Launchpad to ensure you have everything you need to get the word out, including:
- Customizable slides you can add to your announcement loop or share online that give clear, detailed instructions on how to give
- A short instructional video you can share with your congregation during service, on your website, or through social media
- A variety of printable items (flyers, donation slips, and posters) that you can leave in seatbacks, hand out from the welcome center, and post around your campus
- Graphics, messaging, and email templates to help you communicate the launch via email and social media
- Of course, we’re always here to lend a hand personally if you have any questions or need personal assistance in making the transition to using Givelify.
In addition to the resources we’ve created, here’s a roadmap to help you roll out Givelify online giving in your local assembly.
Get in Front of Your Congregation
As with any new program or initiative, the more you can communicate the better. Because online giving provokes big questions (“How does this work? Is it safe? Is my information secure?”), it’s important that someone they trust — such as a member of the pastoral team, a trustee, or deacon — make the announcement and answer these questions from the platform.
For best results, we recommend making this announcement during your service time (in addition to graphics you may be running pre- or post-service) for 4-6 weeks.
Go Beyond the App with Online Giving
Givelify is more than just a beautiful app. You can also add a Givelify online giving button to your church website. This allows anyone who visits your site to quickly and easily give, in just a few clicks. The best part? All of the funds contributed through your website will be automatically tracked alongside your church’s app offerings in the Givelify dashboard.
Additionally, with the Social Giving link, you can add a “Donate Now” button to your Facebook page and directly link to giving on any social media platform you choose. Wherever your members are spending their time online, you can give them quick and easy access to support the ministry and make contributions.
Put It in Print
If your church produces a bulletin or newsletter, you should dedicate space to promote your new giving options. Using the graphics and messaging supplied on the Givelify Launchpad you can provide simple instructions on how they can get started with online giving.
Does it make a difference how you promote? Absolutely. Churches and organizations that come out of the gate strong and execute on communication see an increase of 20-30% in their annual contributions. For more details and access to all the resources mentioned, visit the Givelify Launchpad.